Have you ever felt as if you are nothing and get really frustrated with it? That's exactly what I felt several months ago. Even sometimes, I still feel that feeling in recent days, but not as bad as before.
So, my biggest question is "How to get rid of this feeling?". I was questioning about it almost all the time. And yes, finally I got the answer. It lies in our own mindset, our way of thinking. We call it as 'self love'.
Maybe when you heard someone ask you to love yourself, at first you may see this suggestion as a bad suggestion. Loving yourself is usually linked with narcissism. However, they are actually different. Loving yourself means that you accept who you truly are, accept your weaknesses and your strengths. You do your best for yourself because you want to make yourself happy. While narcissism is a kind of personality disorder which means extreme selfishness.
Accepting who we really are is not as simple as it looks, especially when we begin to talk about our weaknesses. It is easy to accept our strength points, yet it is very difficult to accept our weaknesses. I used to have a problem with this. Thanks God that now I can learn to accept myself, with all my weaknesses. So, how can I do it? Here are some tips for you:
1. Try to understand that every person has his/her own strengths and weaknesses.
I am sure that you are familiar with this slogan: "Nobody is perfect". Yup, from this slogan, we should know that it is useless if we want to make ourselves to be perfect, with no weaknesses. Yet, it doesn't mean that we should not try to be better people. Trying to be better is good, but sometimes we also need to understand that we have our own limitations. So, don't push yourselves too hard and accept who you really are. Each of us is unique, special, original, and wonderful in different ways.
2. Stop comparing yourself with someone else.
This used to be one of my biggest problem. I used to compare myself with others and ended up thinking how bad I was. Instead of comparing yourself with others, it will be better if you compare who you are now with who you were in the past, then see the difference. Try to always make an improvement, even a little one.
Hmm, I think that's all for today. Let's love ourselves and be proud of who we are.
No comments:
Post a Comment